Wednesday, April 12, 2006

stress

I have been in a more stressful-than-usual situation during the last few weeks. A close family member is seriously ill. I traveled via train to see her - the combination of grieving, dealing with stressed-out family members, and traveling a long distance on a train, have resulted in new symptoms for me. I am having more shoulder pain, and a flare up of the common chronic fatigue symptoms - swollen glands and low grade fever.

I have found that during this kind of stressful situation, when I'm feeling bad as a result, drinking a warm cup of tea (in addition to extra water), and relaxing with a book in a hot tub really, really helps. Anything that is normally soothing to me helps.

Also, when I use soft sheets and blankets, and makes a big difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home